NEWBORN BABIES and INFECTIONS
Your newborn is so precious that you and your family would want to do everything to protect him/ her.
Here are some tips on how to ensure your baby stays free from infections, especially in the first 28 days.
- Wash hands with soap and water before and after touching the newborn.
- Keep fingernails short (germs can live under fingernails).
- Do not put anything ( dressing or herbal medicinal products) on the umbilical cord.
- Keep the cord clean and dry.
- Wash anything in the home that will touch the baby: clothing, bedding, covers.
- Keep sick children and adults away from the baby.
- Protect the baby from smoke in the air (cigarettes or a cooking fire) because this can cause breathing problems.
- Put the newborn to sleep under an insecticide -treated bed net to protect from mosquitoes, and therefore malaria.
- Breastfeed exclusively.
- Ensure the baby gets all the immunizations on time.
With a healthy baby, your family stays happy.
Got questions? Consult DoctorKK right here.